Recently I wrote a bucket list featuring twenty items that I want to do at some point in my life. I decided to share it with you, in the hope that it would encourage me to do them. Hopefully I'll be sharing some information about completed items in the future. I am viewing this as more of a long-term to-do list, than a before I die list.
- Write a novel- It's something I've started and given up on time and time again. Hopefully, there;ll be a point in my life when I'll actually stick to one of my stories.
- Learn a new language- I already speak some French and Spanish but I would like to learn another. Not necessarily so I'm fluent but enough that I could get by for a week on my own.
- Learn another instrument- I currently play the flute (cool, right...) but have always loved the idea of learning the piano or guitar.
- Listen to every song on my IPod- I currently have 1771 songs on my IPod but there are still at least a hundred I have not listened to (at least). I am determined.
- Visit every continent- Technically I've visited 4/7. But I want to go to them all and say that I can actually remember going.
- Pass all my GCSEs- At the moment this is my main focus. Two down, god knows how many to go...
- Learn a new skill- I'm not sure what but I want to learn a new skill. (And relearning doesn't count so knitting is out of the window.)
- Go on a road trip- Preferably around america but anywhere really, I just love the idea and it always seems like an awesome experience whenever I hear anyone talking about it.
- Conquer my fear of heights- I am terrified of heights. admittedly it's more a fear of falling, but it doesn't stop me being petrified whenever I go anywhere remotely high up.
- Tell a boy I love him- I really hope I do this at some point in my life, I mean, I'm not the ice queen (at least not as far as I know).
- Visit New York- I've never been but it seems like an amazing place to visit (and shop, yes shopping). I know people who have been and some of their stories are amazing.
- Do something for charity- Be it donating blood or helping at a homeless shelter I want to do something to help others.
- Go on Safari- I love animals (I have a slight obsession with a local zoo) and so this is my dream holiday.
- Be able to say (and remember) Hello, Goodbye, Thank you and I don't speak.... in 50 different languages- I adore learning new languages.
- Stay up all night- I'm early to bed and early to rise. For one, I'd like to be able to stay up all night. Movie marathon anyone?
- Watch all the films in the IMDB Top 250- I love watching films (who doesn't) and apparently these are the best.
- Create (or at least write) a web-series- These fascinate me and as already discussed I like writing, so this would be an interesting experience.
- See the Northern Lights- Apparently I've already seen them, when I was four. But I'd love to go and see them properly.
- Meet a celebrity- This does include YouTube and blogging celebrities. I mean, I'd view it as an honour to meet them, even if other people might not.
- Learn to cook my grandma's meat and potato pie and my mum's crumble- In my view, the two best meals in the world, and I want to be able to make them.
That's my bucket list then. Do you have a bucket list? If you do feel free to comment some items you have on it.