Tuesday 25 March 2014

My Bucket List

Recently I wrote a bucket list featuring twenty items that I want to do at some point in my life. I decided to share it with you, in the hope that it would encourage me to do them. Hopefully I'll be sharing some information about completed items in the future. I am viewing this as more of a long-term to-do list, than a before I die list.

  1. Write a novel- It's something I've started and given up on time and time again. Hopefully, there;ll be a point in my life when I'll actually stick to one of my stories.
  2. Learn a new language- I already speak some French and Spanish but I would like to learn another. Not necessarily so I'm fluent but enough that I could get by for a week on my own.
  3. Learn another instrument- I currently play the flute (cool, right...) but have always loved the idea of learning the piano or guitar.
  4. Listen to every song on my IPod- I currently have 1771 songs on my IPod but there are still at least a hundred I have not listened to (at least). I am determined.
  5. Visit every continent- Technically I've visited 4/7. But I want to go to them all and say that I can actually remember going.
  6. Pass all my GCSEs- At the moment this is my main focus. Two down, god knows how many to go...
  7. Learn a new skill- I'm not sure what but I want to learn a new skill. (And relearning doesn't count so knitting is out of the window.)
  8. Go on a road trip- Preferably around america but anywhere really, I just love the idea and it always seems like an awesome experience whenever I hear anyone talking about it.
  9. Conquer my fear of heights- I am terrified of heights. admittedly it's more a fear of falling, but it doesn't stop me being petrified whenever I go anywhere remotely high up.
  10. Tell a boy I love him- I really hope I do this at some point in my life, I mean, I'm not the ice queen (at least not as far as I know).
  11. Visit New York- I've never been but it seems like an amazing place to visit (and shop, yes shopping). I know people who have been and some of their stories are amazing.
  12. Do something for charity- Be it donating blood or helping at a homeless shelter I want to do something to help others.
  13. Go on Safari- I love animals (I have a slight obsession with a local zoo) and so this is my dream holiday.
  14. Be able to say (and remember) Hello, Goodbye, Thank you and I don't speak.... in 50 different languages- I adore learning new languages.
  15. Stay up all night- I'm early to bed and early to rise. For one, I'd like to be able to stay up all night. Movie marathon anyone?
  16. Watch all the films in the IMDB Top 250- I love watching films (who doesn't) and apparently these are the best.
  17. Create (or at least write) a web-series- These fascinate me and as already discussed I like writing, so this would be an interesting experience.
  18. See the Northern Lights- Apparently I've already seen them, when I was four. But I'd love to go and see them properly.
  19. Meet a celebrity- This does include YouTube and blogging celebrities. I mean, I'd view it as an honour to meet them, even if other people might not.
  20. Learn to cook my grandma's meat and potato pie and my mum's crumble- In my view, the two best meals in the world, and I want to be able to make them.
That's my bucket list then. Do you have a bucket list? If you do feel free to comment some items you have on it.

Charlotte.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment